[rescue] the new manx is live

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Oct 20 14:35:50 CDT 2010

Manx is an online catalog of computer documentation.

The new manx is up for beta testing here: <http://manx.classiccmp.org>

Paul Williams created manx as a series of perl scripts and a database
of online computer manuals.  Paul has graciously provided us with a
copy of the data from the database from which I reverse engineered a
compatible implementation in PHP.  Later, Paul provided me with the
perl scripts which I used as a referene for finishing off the PHP
implementation.

The new manx is an open source project hosted at <http://manx.codeplex.com>.

Please use the issue tracker on codeplex to report any problems you
find with this new manx.  You can also browse the existing issues in
the tracker to see the planned enhancements.  The main planned
enhancement to come is supporting users and roles to allow community
contributions to the database so that new additions don't have to go
through a single person.

Thanks to Paul Williams for providing the database dumps and scripts
and Jay West for hosting the finished application.