[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

pete leaknoil at charter.net
Sat Oct 16 11:22:41 CDT 2010

  I never said people shouldn't get an Onyx 2 and play with it. I am all
for it. What I said is people should think before they do. Think if they
can actually run it safely and understand the power requirements. This
is true for anything that has the potential to hurt you. You going to
jump out of an airplane without knowing how to use a parachute ? You ok
with people just jumping in cars and teaching themselves to drive on the
highway without some instruction first ? There is some _learning_ that
needs to take place before you operate equipment that can hurt you or
damage things. Hopefully some people have _learned_ from this discussion
about power in their home.

The average expertise level on cctech is higher. Sure there are some
very experienced users on this list too but, there are also a lot of
people that are just out for free gear and don't really think about what
it is before they send an email asking for it.