[rescue] SGI goodies anyone?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Oct 15 22:01:55 CDT 2010

FWIW, for the past few decades, it has been a code requirement per the
US National Electric Code to have two 20A, 120V circuits in a kitchen,
and a 20A, 120V circuit for a clothes washer.  Most people also have a
30A, 240V dryer outlet.

For "until you get someone who knows what they're doing" usage, that
usually can handle a lot of stuff.  Just remember that electricians are
much cheaper than the mess you get into when you have a fire that isn't
covered by your insurance because your wiring wasn't up to code.

So, for running my full A4700, I had to run two 30A, 240V ciruits to my
dining room (its temporary location) to handle all 9kW it uses.  At
about $15/day, and requiring cold weather and good circulation with the
windows open, I'm not going to be running the whole system that much,
though.

Pat