[rescue] Major score!!!! Plus - all my Sun stuff is up for grabs.

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Oct 15 21:57:12 CDT 2010

On 10/15/10 4:47 PM, "Christopher Purdy"  wrote:

> Sorry to spam the list - but I just can't stand it.
> /OT
> I just scored an SGI Origin 3400 minus rack for $500!!!!!!
> 3 Origin 300 modules (each with --> 4X600Mhz CPU's, 1GB ram, 2X73GB HDD)
> 1 L2 Controller
> 1 Numalink (R-Brick)
> includes associated cables.
>
> To say I'm excited is the understatement of the century!!!  Finally an SGI
> supercomputer!!!

Due to being geographically close and attentive to nekochan.net, I got the
following Onyx 3xxx gear for free about a month ago:

8 C bricks with r12k/400
2 Router bricks
2 I bricks
1 G brick (populated with one pipe - the display card is the 8 head)
All the cables and power supplies.
1 IBM SCSI raid/shelf

I don't believe I got the L2 controller. If anyone has a source, please pass
along the info. It seems to be not strictly necessary but would be nice.

A shout out to Eric who had to give up the stuff due to a move.

It filled up my buddy's Eurovan, and makes an impressive pile of gear in the
basement :-) Like you, no rack, though.

I haven't yet fired any of it up, since we're in the middle of house/garage
renovations.

If any one has parts/pieces they need, let me know. Seems like other than
the G-brick, a guy could build two systems from all this gear.

I also still have my 16 way Origin 2000 that needs a new home. Located in
Minneapolis. We have a dock :-)

Steve