[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Oct 7 07:45:13 CDT 2010

>> [My Voyager] came my way with a fairly small disk [...]
> That's the Voyager I used to have, isn't it?

Could be; I don't recall whom I got it from, and the records that could
tell me are not easily accessible where I am today.

Its MAC address is 08:00:20:72:6f:e5, if you still have records enough
for that to tell you anything useful.  (I routinely record my machines'
MACs, and *that* record *is* easily accessible today.)

> I remember finding that after I got OpenBSD installed on it, there
> was no room to unpack the ports tree, and just deleting the
> partially-unpacked ports tree to have free space on the disk was
> taking many hours.  That was not just a small disk (about 500MB,
> iirc), it was a small, SLOOOOOOOOOOOW disk.

As I recall, I ran it with an external disk until I got the SCSI<->IDE
adapter.  Having one or the other was pretty much necessary.

I also recall that the disk was in just about the least accessible
place in the machine.  By the time I could replace it, there wasn't
much disassembly remaining I hadn't done.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org