[rescue] FW: Voyager framebuffer?

Monty Walls mrwalls at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 10:37:06 CDT 2010

On Wednesday 06 October 2010 1:42:46 am Walter Belgers wrote:

> >> bwthree.
>
> Interesting. I have a b/w Voyagers, which claims to have a bwtwo. It runs
> stock Solaris 2.6.

Before my Voyager died, I had a color one with 80mb ram (2 32mb cards).  Have
run 2.6 (hw 5/98) and Solaris 7 on it.  Tried Solaris 8 (not supported).

Color screen worked without fuss on Open Windows and OpenStep.  I don't
remember doing anything special to get mine working.  I think I just did
a cdrom install.

	-Monty.

> > I guess I should feel fortunate - I have the unit, keyboard, mouse, AC
>
> supply,
>
> > battery unit, the end piece for when you're not using the AC and all the
> > cables.  When I got it, the display had a broken backlight and the NVRAM
>
> was
>
> > dead.  I was very fortunate to find a new display on eBay, and the NVRAM
>
> chip
>
> > was available from (ISTR) Mouser and went in easily (socketed, even!).  I
>
> have
>
> > one extra memory card, for a total of 48MB.  Oh, I have the carry bag,
> > too. It runs fine from the command line, but I can't get the GUI to
> > start up, in either Solaris 2.6 or NetBSD 5.0.2.
>
> Then I am lucky too :-) I am a bit disappointed of not having the colour
> version, but at least I have the original compact keyboard and the carry
> bag as well.

-
- Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out,
- my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was
- and he said, "Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are
- IBM's lawyers." - anonymous /. poster
-
-Monty Walls (mrwalls at cox.net)
-
- My opinions are my own, my employer doesn't own this account.