[rescue] Using a Fire V240 as a desktop...

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:30:48 CST 2010

It turns out that the firmware is relatively easy to find. General Dynamics
apparently had an XVR-100 firmware updater on their CHS2 (Army Common
Hardware Software ver 2) support site. It has been mirrored in a few places
including the Internet Archive.

I have a card which should work. It's a PC Radeon 7000 which I already
flashed to the Mac ROM some time ago. It currently resides in a B&W G3 which
I haven't used in a few months and have been meaning to find a new home for.

I think I still have my bootable floppy from when I flashed the Mac ROM, so
I should just need to copy over the Sparc ROM file and throw everything into
the PC for updating.

Hopefully, I can get to somewhere over the next few days.

John