[rescue] NeXTSTEP install media

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sat Nov 27 01:25:42 CST 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 6:47 PM, Bill Green wrote:

> I'm considering picking up a NextStation I ran across today, but sadly it no
longer has the hard drive.  How hard is it to track down a copy of NeXTSTEP?
I've never dealt with any NeXT hardware before.

One interesting feature of the NeXT OS is that you can use the included
BuildDisk.app on a running system to create a new install on a spare disk,
which can then be attached to another NeXT and booted. No media required.

ok