[rescue] [rehash] x86 power supply question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Nov 22 10:42:22 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 09:46:53AM -0600, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Given the time passage, is PC Power & Cooling supplies still everyone's
> preferred power supply vendor?  Or are there other preferred manufacturers?

PC Power & Cooling got bought by OCZ a few years ago, but they're still
good.  All their stuff is still made by Seasonic, and is still quality.

Corsair has started making some really nice PSes over the past few years;
when I build a new machine I use a Corsair unit when possible.  Some of
theirs are also made by Seasonic.

When I need quality and a good price:  Corsair (usually the 430W Builder
	Series or the VX450 for $10-20 more)

When I need quaility, period: PCP&C, but it will be $30-50 more than the
	equivalent Corsair.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford