[rescue] largest system I've owned

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Fri May 28 14:49:16 CDT 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010, Dave Fischer wrote:
> jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com writes:
>
> >Agreed. At maximum I have 48 processors, which is well below Rack Router
> >maximum capabilities, and I got all of the CrayLink cables to go with,
> >which is nice.
>
> I assume it's trivial to power up & boot a small piece of that?

The racks should all come up standalone. My understanding is that when you
connect them together and power on the first node it'll designate itself
the Master and then go and locate all the other systems in the cluster,
bringing them up individually and working out what their hinv consists of
and the like, as well as shortest-distance between nodes to generate the
node map, to generate the "system image" it's going to work with. I
think. :)

However, any individual rack, or pair, or triplet, etc, should work
without too much fuss on their own. Right now I've never powered any of
them on - I used the 220v feed to my A/C for a drop, but never actually
got around to bringing any of the racks up. That, however, should change,
with the new building.

 - JP