[rescue] largest system I've owned

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Thu May 27 14:14:19 CDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Steve Hatle wrote:
> On 5/27/10 1:27 PM, "Lionel Peterson"  wrote:
>

> > I can send you an E450 for the cost of shipping (they make dandy
> > printer table ;^) and only take up 6 sq feet (2x3)!
> >
> > Lionel
>

> It's true! My E450 makes an awesome stand for my big HP. It even has casters
> for when you need to move it around :-)

The first machines I collected were a pair of Sun 4/470 cabinets from my
ISP. The 4/470 was used as their primary FTP and WWW server - by the time
I found it, they had a door sitting on top of the cabs and were using it
as a desk.

I traded them a real table for it and brought it home in my three-door
1982 Toyota Starlet hatchback (with a whopping 1L engine). They were kind
enough to throw in a triplet of Sun 4/260 systems (two cabs each). Took
quite a few trips to get them all home.

 - JP