[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun May 23 12:26:39 CDT 2010

On 05/22/10 23:43, Ian Finder wrote:
> Speed on the macs is fine, but some of the products simply haven't been
> ported.
>
> Also a single license for smoke / flame is well above $100,000, IIRC. Keeping
> your IRIX licenses around or buying a second-hand rig can make financial sense
> compared to the cost of the software alone.

The prices for smoke are well down from that.  Smoke licenses now start
at $14,000, and for several years now smoke has had several options
available for under $100,000.

I think Flame licenses are still over $100,000  There is also Flint
though.  Flint is basically the same software (some features are
limited). Flint has several options for under $100,000, but not a whole
lot under.