[rescue] SGI Octane, LCD?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun May 23 11:04:43 CDT 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010 10:44:34 -0400 (EDT), Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> I have a dual head capable Octane.
>
> Anyone ever connect modern LCDs to these?

How modern do you mean ? My Octane used to be hooked up to an old Sony
LCD panel. I would hesitate to call it modern, but it's probably modern
compared to an Octane.

> It's been so long since I
> looked, I'm guessing it's sync on green. I'm also imagining that
> modern 21" widescreen LCDs aren't ?

a) Octanes default to sync-on-green, but I believe that can be changed
   with /usr/gfx/setmon (specifically -s I believe).

b) There used to be a list of sync-on-green capable lcd panels around
   somewhere. No idea where it can be found now, but it's worth checking
   to see if your monitor does support it.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  One test is worth a thousand opinions.