[rescue] Sunburst

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sat May 22 12:58:17 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:02:11PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
>" From: gsm at mendelson.com
>"
>" []
>"
>" In some ways I'm surprised by MacOS, the Leopard scheduler degrades nicely
>" under load, even though it was designed for a single user workstation.
>
>did apple actually write it themselves, or did they inherit it with
>the mach microkernel?  that would have roots in big iron.

I suspect it came with the Mach microkernel, but there have been lots
of changes along the way.

Whereever it came from, it has the BSD license, and AFAIK not patented, so
someone could read the code, write their own implementation of it and still
be covered by the GPL.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.