[rescue] speaking of Sun firmware

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon May 10 07:32:52 CDT 2010

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
> "
> " With the Oracle aquisition (assimilation?) of Sun, I should have been
> " more diligent about
> " grabbing stuff (like firmware)... but wasn't.... bad me....
> "
> " So, I have the following boxes, and if anyone has pointers to, or copies
> " of the last released
> " firmware for them, I'd appreciate it...
> "
> " Ultra 1 170E
> " Ultra 2
> " Ultra 60
> " Ultra 10
> " SunBlade 2000
> " SunBlade 2500 (red, not silver)
> " and if it had upgradable firmware, SparcServer 1000E (although that
> " probably uses an
> " EPROM I'd think)
>
> http://www.sunshack.org/data/bootroms.html
>
> craig has about half your list.  iirc the ss1000e is indeed an eprom
> like all the other pre-ultras.
>
> had any chance yet to transcribe the data i gave you about a year and
> a half ago to copy?

heh... I'm so far behind in the things I want to do, I think I'm
getting lapped...

I've have all that stuff moved and into one place awaiting a cleanup of
the nearby
table space... so... slowly getting there... grrr.....  I have a son who
uses up most
of what 'free' time I have.... I can't imagine what life would be like
with 2 or more
kids... (I think I'd have to clone myself :-) ).

-- Curt