[rescue] I want a VAX

erie patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Wed May 5 00:41:33 CDT 2010

man, where were you 12 years ago, when I divested all my MVII systems, fully
loaded, If I remember right, I even had a couple of SDI interfaces and a
couple of RA81's. as well as a few boxes of spare boards. I can ask a few
friends if they have any Qbus boards around. I was more of a Unibus person
myself.

erie

> From: ian.finder at gmail.com
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:22:18 -0700
> Subject: Re: [rescue] I want a VAX
>
> So if I remember, it works, but it's whichever model isn't supported by
> anything- DEQNA if I recall, which doesn't work on any version of VMS I
have
> (or netbsd, if I recall). I think DEQLA is the good one- might have them
> switched around though.
>
> Sent via mobile.
>
> On May 4, 2010, at 10:01 PM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 09:19:10PM -0700, Ian Finder wrote:
> >>
> >> Right now the vax is just sitting in the undergrad computer lab as a
joke.

> >> Any advice?
> >>

> > Netboot?
> > How long will it take to resolve if the questionable network adaptor is
> actually working?
> >
> > Geoff.
> >
> > --
> > Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
> > New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
> > understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the
situation.
> i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the
Wikipedia.