[rescue] FS: Timex Sinclair 1000 in original box, mostly complete, with TS 2040 printer

Derrik Walker v2.0 lorddoomicus at mac.com
Tue May 4 20:27:52 CDT 2010

On May 4, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Richard wrote:

> In article <72942396-4F63-4825-8ED3-AB2F3E0183D7 at mac.com>,
>    "Derrik Walker v2.0" <lorddoomicus at mac.com>  writes:
>
>> My first computer was a C-64 with a tape drive. [...]
>
> I think a C=64, even with only cassette for storage, would have been
> much more usable.  As it was I think I used this thing for like a
> couple of days before the frustrations mounted so high I wanted to fly
> to England and personally strangle Sinclair.
> --

Yea, Commodore's tape drive was more reliable that their floppy drive.  I even made a tape backup program for my floppys.  It was way cool.  I did all kinds of cool stuff on the computer.  It was very accessible, even for a snott nosed 11 year old geek - and it could do so many cool things right out of the box.  And the best part, for $24.95, you could by a book that had every hardware and software detail you could ever need - including a schematic.  Try that with any modern computer ( how many volumes were the Inside Mac and X programming books ??? )

- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
lorddoomicus at mac.com
http://www.doomd.net

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew" - Adam Savage