[rescue] Any old iron ... er, laptop RAM?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 29 23:07:53 CDT 2010

Does anyone have spare laptop RAM lying around?  I was just given
several laptops for salvage, but several of them badly need RAM.  I have
some surplus laptop RAM that I can't use because nothing I have here
takes it.

I'm looking for:
 - two PC133 SODIMMs, 128MB or preferably 256MB;
 - two PC2700 512MB SODIMMs;
 - one 512MB PC2100 SODIMM.

I can offer in trade:
 - one 512MB PC133 SODIMM;
 - one 256MB PC2700 SODIMM;
 - two 256MB PC2100 SODIMMs (dependent on the two 512MB PC2700s);
 - two 128MB PC66 SODIMMs.

I also have several 64MB SODIMMs, PC100 and slower, if anyone has a use
for those.

Anyone interested?

By the way, if anyone cares, I can now report that a Thinkpad A21m
(P3-800) with 128MB of RAM takes about ten minutes to boot Xubuntu
10.04LTS to a desktop, and a further six minutes to launch the desktop
installer...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.