[rescue] Amiga 1000 rescue!

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:55:34 CDT 2010

Thanks!

So my question is are those all 700k drives, as I thought 700k formatted 1.44
media would work reliably in 1.44 drives in 700k compatibility mode.

The problem I thought was 700k formated 1.44mb media in 700k only drives, so
if I replace the amiga floppy drive with a 1.44mb PeeCee one, would it just
treat it as a 700k drive and work?

Either way, how difficult is it to find a drive on that list? I haven't had
much luck.

And is the only way to make boot media with a catweasel?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, it's late and I'm an amiga beginner.

Thanks for the valuable information you've already provided, this box seems
like a really neat piece of kit.

-- Ian Finder
---
Sent via mobile.-----Original Message-----