[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

Brendan Shanks mrpippy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 23:15:17 CDT 2010

On Apr 19, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my Toshiba Portege R-100, itself an
> amusing undertaking since you have to boot from both PCMCIA and USB at the
> same time.  Once I installed UNR, the screen display was about half-size.
> Extensive Googling led me to a page that included an xorg.conf that fixed
> the problem after some additional fiddling.  The WiFi was flake city, even
> after much Googling found some suggested driver substitutions.  No driver
> for the SD card slot at all.  Yada, as they say, yada yada.

(sorry to take this even farther off topic, but...)
I have Ubuntu 9.10 running on my Portege R100, and it works quite well. I
installed over netboot (a few versions ago, probably 8.04), the display works
good (although you need a vga= kernel cmdline param to keep it in 1024x768 all
the time), and the Intel 802.11b WiFi works great (much better than in
Windows). Haven't found an SD card driver though.