[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Apr 19 10:52:27 CDT 2010

gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:32:06AM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> Perhaps an open letter to him from the sunhelp.org community could be
>> effective in not only getting an answer, but also pleading the case of
>> the hobbyist license?  It could probably get attention from tech media
>> or at least slashdot.
>
> Whatever it says, it has to leave him with the impression that it will
> make him MORE money, not less. If he thinks that people will use it to
> avoid paying license fees, or to keep using old hardware instead of new,
> I'll bet it will do more harm than good.

Someone should point out how keeping Solaris free will serve as a sharp
stick in the eye for MS and the Penguin-People.

I don't want a hobbyist license, keep it the way it was, free as in
beer, with OpenSolaris free as in speech/beer - or see your
multi-billion investment go down the tubes as Solaris becomes a more
portable version of IRIX.

--Patrick