[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Apr 19 10:41:23 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:32:06AM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:

>Perhaps an open letter to him from the sunhelp.org community could be
>effective in not only getting an answer, but also pleading the case
>of the hobbyist license?  It could probably get attention from tech
>media or at least slashdot.

Whatever it says, it has to leave him with the impression that it will
make him MORE money, not less. If he thinks that people will use it to
avoid paying license fees, or to keep using old hardware instead of new,
I'll bet it will do more harm than good.

There is some precedent, isn't there? AFAIK there is a free version of
Oracle for Windows. There may be one for *NIX too, the only person I know
who cared used the Windows version and I never looked.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.