[rescue] Set of SunOS/Solaris Media Available for Rescue

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:34:05 CDT 2010

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:06:13AM -0700, John Lengeling wrote:
>> I have my whole set of SunOS/Solaris media available for rescue from
>> SunOS 4.1.1 up to Solaris 9.   I know I have 4.1.1, 4.1.4, Solaris 2.1,
>> 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.5.1, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9.
>
> Now that I have disk space, I'm looking for ISO images of the last/latest
> releases of 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9 for SPARC.  Just the installation media, none
> of the add-on stuff.
>
> Bill

Do you have these ISO images available for download, or is anyone else
doing the same?  I'd like to make sure that the Sparc community has
access to these older OS versions, to support hobbyist hardware, and
I'm sure that they will become much harder to find, as the years go
by.

I'm pretty sure that something like this was mentioned, either here or
on Geeks-L, at some point, but I can't find the reference.

I have a personal interest in this, as I have an SS2, running SunOS
4.1.4, and an SS20, running Solaris 8.

Thanks!

- J. Alexander Jacocks