[rescue] Legacy Sun SPARC server parts

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:53:10 CDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Keeping prices high and
> hoarding otherwise useless parts in the event some business
> *somewhere* will pay your prices is generally considered bad Karma.

IMHO, companies like this serve a market and provide a stable source
for otherwise unobtainium parts, allowing businesses to extend the
functional life of legacy hardware.

If you should be mad at anyone, I would think you'd be mad at the
companies that periodically pay these ludicrous prices, keeping prices
artificially high and obscure parts out of your spare parts bin.

I saw a special on DC-3 airplanes, and it talked about how this one
Alaskan airline constantly buys up all available spare parts to keep
their airframes in the air...

Lionel