[rescue] modern rescue

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 09:47:46 CDT 2010

--- On Sat, 4/3/10, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I work in a K-12 school district in NJ, and we toss GX270
> systems when the MB goes, but we've just learned we will be
> trying to make PCs last 10 years now. Anyone have pointers
> on sources for re-capped GX270 MBs? I haven't googled yet,
> just curious if any knows of a vendor they have used
> previously...

Funny you should mention the GX720 capacitors, as I just fixed one last night. It's always that one capacitor by the RAM that goes - 1500uf at 6.3v. Replace it, and you're good. In this case, I scavenged a cap off another junk motherboard. Took all of fifteen minutes. The machine ran perfectly all night after that.

-Ian