[rescue] HP 4P printer stuff + HP Postscript printer recommendation request

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:10:33 CDT 2009

At $WORK (local school district) we are replacing aging HP printers
with Dells, including the 3130n,and
they are working out very well, including mixed platform situations
(Mac OS X and Win XP).

The issue in our district was we initially over-bought the HP
printers, buying tremendous printers to drop in,
say, a science classroom, and the maint kits and toner carts costs
were killing our budgets. The 3130n
printers work well and per-page costs pretty low...

I wouldn't hesitate to suggest these printers for any home use short
of photo printing, but that reservation is
for all color laser printers I've seen, not specific to this unit.

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com