[rescue] HP 4P printer stuff + HP Postscript printer recommendation request

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Sun Sep 6 21:42:46 CDT 2009

My HP 4P finally gave up the ghost after 13 years of faithful service.

Before disposal, I pulled the following items for rescue:

(1) 8 Mb memory module
(1) PostScript Simm

These are free, other than the price of shipping.

I am located in the North DFW metroplex area, zip 75077.  I can arrange
for local delivery, or mail the items.

On another note, I am now looking for a nice, for home use, HP B&W Laser
printer with PostScript capability.  I have been looking at the HP
Laserjet P2055PN printer, with PostScript 3 emulation.

Any other recommendations are welcome.  I have never used PostScript 3
emulation.  I have older Unix's, newer Unix's (primarily Sun Solaris),
and Mac OS & Mac OS X.

You're almost always save with PostScript capability.

Any comments here are appreciated.