[rescue] Replacing Linksys WRT54GS with a Netra T105

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Mar 24 11:44:22 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:28:35PM -0400, Ray Arachelian wrote:
>(Ideally, I'd love an OS with OS X's desktop, OpenBSD's security,
>Solaris's ZFS and Zones, and PF as a firewall.   Yes, I know, I know,
>snow or fuse will get me 2/3rds of the way.)

And I'd prefer the opposite. I'd like a desktop like OSX, but don't want
ZFS, Zones, a firewall and security to get in the way.

IMHO ZFS belongs on a server (as do most files), a firewall at the
connection to the "real world", and no real need for security.

Of course, if I were in a real shop, and not just a small family, I'd need
more security, but it would be almost all on the server, not on the
workstations.

Geoff.