[rescue] Replacing Linksys WRT54GS with a Netra T105

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Tue Mar 24 11:28:35 CDT 2009

Hi Steve.

Steve Hatle wrote:
> Yes- my mistake - it is pf. I did start out with ipf back in the day and
> that name has stuck, at least in _my_ head :-)
>
> Like you, I find pf a very handy "toolbox" for a lot of situations.

pf is an amazingly good firewall, it's also available on FreeBSD.

I wish someone would port it to both Solaris and OS X.  I'd say Linux as
well, but it's probably too hard.
But since Solaris has ipf, it should at least be portable there with
some work.  Might be feasable on Darwin/OS X, maybe, but that's not
truly a *BSD Kernel.

(Ideally, I'd love an OS with OS X's desktop, OpenBSD's security,
Solaris's ZFS and Zones, and PF as a firewall.   Yes, I know, I know,
snow or fuse will get me 2/3rds of the way.)