[rescue] Netra X1 HD tray

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:36:21 CDT 2009

I got a Netra X1 a while ago (400 Mhz, 1 Gig RAM, one HD installed) a
little while ago, and I was thinking I'd like a second HD inside the
chasis.

I don't think I have a $40+ need, but I'm curious if anyone has one
available? The one on eBay is about $40, while a whole X1 is about the
same price.

Also, how bad is the IDE controller in these? Same as U5/U10 boxes or
better? I know they have the 137 Gig limit, but how is the
performance? All I want to do is make a small install server, so no
loss if it is the same as a U5/U10, I've never used an SB100, which
are similar to the X1, as I understand it.

Thanks,

Lionel