[rescue] Trouble installing HP-UX 11i on a J6700

Micah R Ledbetter vlack at vlack.com
Mon Mar 16 00:49:15 CDT 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 00:42:04, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Try making a copy of the media on a different brand of blanks
> writting at
> 1x. Lacking a slow drive, try buring it at the slowest possible speed
> you can on a DVD burner.
> I've often had problems with CD's burnt at to high a speed when
> burnt on
> a CD burner, but have never had one burnt at DVD speed 1x (equivalent
> to CD speed 4x) on a DVD drive.

Do you think that will matter since the "originals" I have are just CD-
Rs? I got them direct from HP, but they are definitely recorded, not
pressed.

I mean, it worked to install *once*, it was only a few months ago, and
I'd had the CDs for a year or two before using them. I can't imagine
making a copy of the same thing would help, but maybe I'll try it
anyway. CD-Rs are cheap.

- Micah