[rescue] Fixing up a SS20

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Mar 2 16:18:28 CST 2009

From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell at gmail.com>

> Zach,
>
> I've got the 8MB VSIMM (may have to hunt a bit).  Do you need any more
> memory to max this out?
> I'll have to dig through stuff, but I'm sure I have the "compose" key, and
> may have the SCSI and SX or ZX framebuffer.
>
> I'm working in Indonesia, but my US based company couriers mail back and
> forth so it's easy (albiet a little slow) to get stuff back to the states.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin

That will max out the internal video memory.  IT does have internal video, doesn't it?
(Look at the picture on the circuit board.  If the bear has a hat, you have the internal
video circuitry :-] )  The rest of the slots are for system memory.  I forgot what the max
is when you fill them up (been a while since I booted mine up) but IIRC 384 meg sounds about right.

Bob