[rescue] SUCCESS with Coherent

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jun 10 11:24:59 CDT 2009

" From: Mark Brown <sunrescue at marknmel.com>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
" > "
" > " I'm pretty twisted.
" > "
" > " http://www.mrbill.net/coherent-on-qemu-on-ubuntu-on-vmware-on-osx.jpg
" >
" > trying for the world record for indirection?
" >
" >
" I met a fella at $WORK.  He had a saying (not sure if it was genuinely
" his or not) - "There is nothing that cannot be solved with one more
" layer of indirection"
"
" I gotta say - to some degree or another - he is right. He was quite a
" master of that.  Not for obfuscation, but rather for the purposes of good.
"
" Scripts that write scripts, etc.  Filesystem "magic". Now layered
" emulation from Mr. Bill.

oh yes.  i don't think i've ever written a script that writes other
scripts but i often script even simple things, to make sure i don't
mistype a really critical command or minimize the downtime /
vulnerability window when a bunch o' commands are needed to do a
config change.  i also have an exact record of what i did, for the
future.  just gotta remember to document those scripts!

i was actually admiring bill's massive stunt.