[rescue] quad head pci video cards

James Birdsall jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Mon Jan 5 16:28:54 CST 2009

Curious George wrote:
> In my case, I have a couple of "servers" (i.e., machines designed
> to be essentially headless) that I use as workstations.  Since
> they were not designed with this in mind (crappy onboard video),
> there are no provisions for AGP, PXI Express, etc.  Hence my
> need to find a (dual headed because I like lots of screen
> real estate) PCI video card.

If all you need is a dual-head PCI video card, there should be lots of
options. ATI made a lot of models and I have a bin full of such cards,
some still unopened. It depends on what chipset you need and OS you're
looking to run. If a Radeon 7xxx or 9xxx on 32-bit PCI suits your needs,
let me know. I'll be glad to send you one or two for the cost of
shipping, they're just taking up room for me.

--James