[rescue] More IBM emulation fun

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 08:22:15 CST 2009

I got Bob Abeles's package to bootstrap but the restore from the tape
images was taking forever on my HP 2133 :P The stupid part was the disk
I/O took about 1 minute, but the thing was dumping to the Hercules
console for way over 20 mins when I stopped it - it was running at 98%
CPU and I don't want to cook my new laptop ;)

The issue I had this morning was, indeed, because it was running in 390
model not S/370 mode. I altered the config file to add 'ARCHTYPE
S/370' to the cnf file.

I'll give it another shot on the Mac Pro when I get home now I know
what's adrift.

--
Mark Benson
http://markbenson.org/blog