[rescue] Netra NFS/Enterprise 150 question

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sun Feb 8 12:45:30 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 08:50:38AM -0500, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    As one can see, it's tricked out reasonably well for an Ultra-1
> class system.  What's the maximum memory the -1 can handle?  I'd
> like to tart this beastie up a wee bit more if I can find the proper
> SIMMs.  'Tis a shame she can't run Solaris 10; I'd love to play with
> ZFS and a frame-ful of 144 gig drives....

I've not tried, but it is apparently possible to run Solaris 10 on an Ultra
1-class system with the bootloader from one of the betas (ie one that
didn't have the US-I CPU check). It needs a little bit of fiddling (I think the
installation needs to be done on another system and the disk swapped in or
you need to use Jumpstart), but I have it on good authority that it's
possible.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner