[rescue] Moth balls

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 16:20:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

> If it has a paper-tape reader and punch, it's an
> ASR-33.  If it doesn't, it's a KSR-33.

Yes, my concern was knowing how to describe "the stuff
on the right side" in an unambiguous way...

> The stuff on the right side just has to do with what
> variant of an
> ASR-33 it might be.  There were several variants over its
> 20+ year lifetime.

But, are these documented anywhere?  How are they
reflected in the *model number*??

> Now if only I had either a computer with a current-loop
> interface or

EIA232 <-> CL is just a couple of transistors and resistors.
More of a hassle than a real technical challenge  :>

> an interface converter.  There's nothing like the
> sound, vision, and
> smell of an ASR-33 to bring back memories of my first days
> of computing...

I think a 103 modem is more reminiscent... :>