[rescue] Moth balls

John Francini francini at mac.com
Fri Jun 13 07:50:37 CDT 2008

George,

If it has a paper-tape reader and punch, it's an ASR-33.

If it doesn't, it's a KSR-33.

The stuff on the right side just has to do with what variant of an
ASR-33 it might be.  There were several variants over its 20+ year
lifetime.

Now if only I had either a computer with a current-loop interface or
an interface converter.  There's nothing like the sound, vision, and
smell of an ASR-33 to bring back memories of my first days of
computing...

john