[rescue] Moth balls

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Fri Jun 13 19:59:35 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I keep thinking of putting a dot matrix printer on my SPARC server, to log login requests - just the occasional grrrrrrrind to remind me of where we came from...

I'd love to do this, but combining nostalgia with function. Set it up to
receive certain facility/priority syslog entries, then feed it from
various monitoring and alerting bits. Logins would be fine, but how
about periodic one-line stat summaries from your web server(s), or  disk
utilization warnings from your fileserver? I like the idea of a
DECwriter II or III in an odd corner of the kitchen spitting these
things out, and checking it when I'm making breakfast...

--Steve.