[rescue] 611 cases & cables

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jun 13 17:29:59 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 03:14:34PM -0700, Curious George wrote:

> It's not "hard" -- many of us have the know-how and tools
> (ECAD, etc.) to do so.  The problem is it just isn't worth
> while economically.  Making QTY 1 of a circuit board is
> more expensive than buying a complete finished product.

And if I'm not mistaken, the circuit board needed for a 711 case would
be honking large.  I could see spending the money if I wanted to convert
611s to SATA, but not the money for a 711.

What I personally would love to see would be a D130 conversion kit, and
come ot think of that, it might not be too large to be affordable.