[rescue] Compaq ES40

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jun 12 02:07:34 CDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:56:57 -0400
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Aside from Linux, what are my OS choices? I'd prefer free/media cost
> solutions...
Contact me if you are going to install Tru64 or OpenVMS.
I have some stuff that you will find usefull in that case.

Tru64 is a quite nice Unix with a strong BSD flavor. I used it on my
desktop for two years. If you see AdvFS you know where Sun got inspired
for ZFS..

VMS is Very Much Strange to a Unix person, but a valuable experience.
It is a very capable OS. Especially in the cluster department.

Besids that I am ignorant and run NetBSD on my Alphas.
--

tsch__,
       Jochen