[rescue] RS/6000 7012 370

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Wed Jun 11 20:17:04 CDT 2008

> The other piece of "magic" is that AIX will not, by default, display a
> login banner on a serial terminal without working hardware flow control.
> A three-wire (or even five-wire) serial cable is not going to cut it.

  I have two serial cables I built especially for my two RS/6000
machines: a 7011 and a 6611. I seem to recall that there was something
odd about the pinouts. I think it was posted to this list some time ago
as well, though a quick Google does not pull it up.

Anyone know about serial cable oddities for an rs6k? I'll look around
for the diagram, but I think it is long gone.

Steve