[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 68, Issue 12

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 10 15:42:24 CDT 2008

" From: Andrew Jones <ascii.letter at gmail.com>
"
" XENIX was a Microsoft port of SysV to early PCs. At some point in the
" 80s, it was transferred to SCO. I don't know what SCO's business was
" before XENIX, because XENIX (AKA SCO UNIX, AKA OpenServer) became their
" most important product. XENIX is notable in my mind for being one of the
" few operating systems to support 286 protected mode.

i've always thought that sco -was- the ms xenix group, spun off.
makes it all the odder they now own att unix.  talk about the tail
wagging the dog...