[rescue] Sun Blade 150

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 8 21:12:08 CDT 2008

>From: Halford Johnson <halfordjohnson at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/07/08 Tue PM 06:53:22 EDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Sun Blade 150

>Hi everyone,
>
>I have a Sun Blade 150 in unknown condition.  It came with no RAM and beeped
>indicating it had no RAM.  I added 512mb of RAM from a Netra X1, this
>eliminated the beep and it seemed to spin up. I have tried: hooking a VGA
>monitor to it, hooking a serial cable to it; both to no avail.  It simply
>refuses to speak/identify itself.  I am out of ideas.  I am beginning to
>think it is the motherboard/processor.  Does anyone have any other ideas.
>or does anyone have a spare SB100/150 motherboard/proc?
>
>Any advice/help/tips will be appreciated.

HAve you tried stop-N? That would reset the NVRAM to default values, that has
helped me revive a couple systems...

To review, you would power up the system, then immediately hold down "stop"
and "n" on a Sun keyboard, holding them down until the keyboard lights cycle
twice... (the first is power up, the second is the reset) then simply release
the keys and the systme *might* boot up.

You would do this with a Sun keyboard and VGA monitor attached, I'm sure you
can use serial console to do this, but I don't know the equivalent key
presses...

Lionel