[rescue] Feedback on Sun 24" LCD?

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:31:47 CDT 2008

21" viewsonic monitors weigh in at around 73lbs, add another 20lbs if it's a
trinitron tube.  I've had good luck with viewsonic professional series of
monitors, I still have some kicking around with 2001 date codes on them.
The big problem with them is the thermal and physical foot print.  One
fellow at $WORK lamented that he was no longer able to heat up his lunch on
his 19" flat panel with a dell in lieu of his 21" on an u60.  The 21" sun
monitors that we still have kicking around (dual input vga/13w3) typically
have a better picture than their replacement 19" sceptre monitors which have
the problem of having blurry spots on the screen.  The ones that are more
than 2 years old also have a habit of crapping out.  As many tube monitors
that are often 2x the age get replace in a year as the crap lcd's.

also if you've ever had to move, or move a 21" monitor up a flight of stairs
it really sucks.