[rescue] Feedback on Sun 24" LCD?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:28:26 CDT 2008

LCD monitors (even modern ones) typically have way better color
saturation than a CRT based monitor.  Outside of that, unless you're
looking at line art or just text, CRTs typically have way better
images for graphics.  Refresh rates are on par, or at least not really
that noticeably different.

I use an LCD monitor now because it fits on my Ergotron roll around
pole cart.  I much prefer my old 21" Trinitron, but it doesn't have a
VESA mount ;)

If you want a great monitor for displaying graphics, don't even think
about buying an LCD, let alone an old one.  If you don't care, go with
whatever makes the most sense for you.   You may not notice the
difference unless you're looking for it, you may not care when you see
the difference.  I personally never found a very good use for all that
room behind LCD monitors people say save space.  I quite often see
them pushed very far back on the desk and people leaning way over to
see them.  It's amazing how people equate something that costs more
money with something that's "better".

Anyway, google around for this subject.  I urge you to learn more
about monitors in general.

-Bob