[rescue] Apple Care Certification

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 25 06:31:34 CDT 2008

>From: Brian Deloria <bdeloria at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/08/24 Sun PM 11:53:42 EDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Parallel ports [was Re: Slightly OT: ?Bad Cap  Saga]

>What is the cost of the Apple Care certification, and is it just a flat rate
>savings or a percentage per machine?

As I understand it, the tests are $100-200/each, and are only offered at a few locations (in comparison to say, a Windows Cert test). My co-workers may have to drive to Delaware to take the test.

The savings are flat-rate, per-machine, and IIRC, were over $150 per machine, but all the machines we bought were middling iMacs, the discount may vary per model. The savings may only be available to corp/educational/gov't purchases - not individual.

See: http://www.apple.com/support/programs/ssa/ for better information.

Lionel