[rescue] Phaser ink

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 16:49:33 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 8/19/08, Robert Darlington <rdarlington at gmail.com> wrote:

> I second that.  That and the damn things are unreliable.  My company
> has 10 Phaser 8400 or 8500 printers (various models) between 3
> offices.  3 work.  Between LCD screens going out and streaking that is
> impossible to clean without ripping the whole printer apart, I just
> won't buy another.  It's way more economical for us to outsource the
> handfull of pages we need in glossy, high quality (which isn't *that*
> high I might add).   Kinko's does a fine job at a reasonable cost and
> they keep the maintenance headache!

What I abhor is the waste when you have to run a cleaning cycle!
Since I only power the printers up when I need them (rarely),
it seems like I piss more ink into the waste tray than I ever
put on paper!

> Now if the printer was free, that's a whole other story
>  :)

Yes, its amazing how that changes the dynamics of the situation!  :>
I'll run a printer until I have to throw some serious money at it
(new fuser, new toner cartridges, etc.) then just recycle the
thing.  :<  A shame since they are just too damn big/heavy to
ship...