[rescue] Slightly OT: Bad Cap Saga

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Aug 18 13:14:16 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:52:25AM -0700, Curious George wrote:
> As I said, we'd *really* have to be in bed with a vendor to trust
> an entire product line (or, corporate future) to their commitment.

But a company like Wal-Mart does not care. They sell cheap junk at low
prices. When this batch runs out, they sell a new cheap product under
a new name. By the time the 90 day warranty runs out, they don't even
have any more of the units in the stores.

The bottom line in this case, is that people pay less to get less and are
happy with it.

Geoff.