[rescue] Slightly OT: Bad Cap Saga

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:08:14 CDT 2008

The rash of bad caps a few years back would fail within months of use.
 It was a short period of time before it was discovered and corrected.

Amusingly enough a local college I had worked at had purchased around
1000 desktops that the motherboards were affected.  The VP/bean
counters wisdom decided not to opt for first year onsite as they had
in the past but instead go simply depot for the duration.  This took
months to rectify.